Crunchy-salty snacks. Oh, how I love them. Popcorn, crackers, potato chips, garlic toast, pretzels, French fries, peanuts… I could go on for a while.
These are some of the things that derail my most sincere desires to eat healthily.
But, what if you found a crunchy-salty snack that wasn’t bad for you? You would try it, right? I did (thank you, Jen) and I’m so glad! Hello, new movie snack.
- 2 (15-oz) cans chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 and line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Drain and rinse beans, then dry on a clean kitchen towel until mostly dry.
- Spread on prepared baking sheet and roast for 50 to 70 minutes, until beans are crunchy throughout. (Just pop one in your mouth to see.)
- When they are done (and still hot), pour directly into medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
- (I doubt there will be, but) if there are leftovers after day one, store in airtight container.